Todays fashion industry has changed terminally into a world consumed by fast fashion. Fast fashion is essentially "disposable" clothing made of cheap fabric that we have convinced ourselves it's okay to throw away after one use. If you want clothing to last you NEED to pay attention to care tags. Every item of clothing in your closet has one, read it. Hand washing clothes is the most delicate way to wash them and will make them last longer. Here I have explained how to do such process. It's more simple than you think.
Always check the care tag in all of your garments. These tags tell you the do's and don'ts for caring for your clothes to best preserve them and to prevent you from shrinking, melting, unraveling and any other damage the miss-care can lead to. It's a little extra work but it will give extra life to those special items in your closet. Follow these few steps in hand washing your clothes and you will be good to go!
1. Fill your sink with luke warm water and add a teaspoon of detergent. Adjust to the size of garment and the amount of items you are washing.
2. Soak garments in the soapy water. Avoid scrubbing and twisting, this could lead to stretch or damage to the fabric. Gently swish the garments in the water until clean.
3. Drain the sink and refill with cool water for rinsing. Push the garment up and down until the soap is removed.
4. Gently squeeze the excess water from the garment. Do Not twist or wring the item as it may stretch the fibers and ruin the fabric.
5. Lay the freshly washed garment on a dry towel on a flat surface. Roll the towel up, encasing the garment. Gently press on the towel to absorb the remaining water. This step may need to be repeated several times.
6. Lay the garment flat to finish drying!